Thursday, May 04, 2006

I LOVE CHARBONNEL INKS- THE END!~


"Prostitute"
These two red images are an odd print and detail of my last print pulled this semester...I tried my hand at monoprinting in a subtractive method and I got a little carried away with the solvent, but it's different and I like that about it... and then.....
"Prostitute"
... end of the semester and these are the images that I am most satisfied with and they are altered versions of the original color set- This print is still far from being worked out, I have a text plate to work into the image... there was a bad wax incident that ruined both my carpet at home as well as two fairly decent prints. Oh well- I guess I learned from that one, but not giving up yet- this need to keep torturing the plate further won't go away so I am merely the slave in this process, but I do it gladly and willingly... too bad I kinda have to wait through the whole summer in order to see how things should end.

1 comment:

M said...

I love these colors Mary!!!